COMMITMENTS TO STANDARDS: Thomson Broadcast is involved as a proactive member in many standardization bodies around the world.
- DVB consortium
- Proactive member of the DVB consortium. Thanks to a close cooperation and definition of the DVB-T2 standard, Thomson Broadcast is a leader in the support of DVB-T2 advanced functionalities.
- Proactive member of the Advanced Television System Commitee (ATSC)
- After the vote for the candidate standard ATSC Mobile DTV (A/153) in December 2008, Thomson Broadcast has developped a complete unique in-house Mobile DTV solution based on a simple upgrade path to go to Mobile while preserving the legacy broadcast.
- Active leading force in the WorldDMB organization for the definition of DRM+ system.
- Founder of the DRM standard, Thomson Broadcast has been the first in partnership with Fraunhofer Institute and DRM organization to promote a small scale video service for Digital Radio Mondiale.
- Secretary of the Technical Committee of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- Thomson Broadcast collaborates to the standardization of transmitting equipment for radiocommunications purposes and electronic devices employing similar techniques. The standardization work deals with methods of measurement, safety requirements and transmitter control
- Ready for any current or future upgrade of standard
- Completely flexible open platform exciter
- All in one solution
- Quick upgrade locally or remotely